How to Configure Date and Time Settings in WordPress
CONFIGURING THE DATE AND TIME SETTINGS
By default, WordPress displays dates in the format August 18, 2017, and times in the format 1:43pm. Additionally, WordPress uses UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, or GMT) to determine the time to display.
However, you can customize all of these settings for your own site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Settings, and then click General.
- Scroll down to the Timezone list box, and then select the time zone you want WordPress to use to display the time.
Note: Time zones are grouped geographically under Africa, America, Asia, Europe, and other regions.
- Under Date Format, select one of the predefined formats for WordPress to use to display dates.
- Alternatively, you can define your own custom date format. For example, to display April 30, 2014 as Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014, you would use the formatting string l, M j, Y. To view a complete list of date and time formatting options, please visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time
- Under Time Format, select one of the predefined formats for WordPress to use to display the time.
- Alternatively, you can define your own custom time format. To view a complete list of date and time formatting options, please visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time
- In the Week Starts On list box, select the day that begins the week in your region.
- Click Save Changes. The new date and time settings take effect immediately.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install and configure the Disqus Comment System plugin for...
This article describes how to protect a WordPress page with a password. PASSWORD-PROTECTING A...
This article describes how to schedule when WordPress publishes a post. Using this feature, you...
This article describes how to determine the version of a WordPress installation. USING THE...
This article describes how to optimize the trash settings in WordPress. ABOUT THE WORDPRESS...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution