|Note: These instructions apply to the Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Sixteen, and Twenty Seventeen themes included with default WordPress installations. Other themes may require different steps to add a custom logo.|
ADDING A CUSTOM LOGO
To enhance your site with a custom logo, follow these steps:
- Log in to the WordPress administration page.
- In the left sidebar, click Appearance to expand the menu.
- In the Appearance section, click Customize. The Customize page appears.
- In the left sidebar, click Site Identity. The Site Identity panel appears.
- On the Site Identity panel, click Select logo. The Media Library tab of the Select logo dialog appears:
- To upload the logo file, click the Upload Files tab in the upper left corner of the Select logo dialog box.
- To upload files, you can drag-and-drop them from your computer's file manager, or you can click Select Files. If you click Select Files, the File Upload dialog box appears. In the File
- After the file is uploaded, the Media Library tab appears with the uploaded file selected.
- At the right side of the Medial Library, complete the Title, Caption, Alt Text, and Description text boxes, and then click Select. The Crop Image dialog box appears.
- Use the sizing handles to select the portion of the uploaded image to be displayed as the logo, and then click Crop Image. The Customize screen appears with the selected, cropped image displayed in the Logo image box:
- Because custom logo images often contain the site or company name, as well as a slogan or tag line, you may want to remove the Site Title and Tagline that are part of the theme. In the Site Identity Panel, remove the Site Title and Tagline by clearing the Display Site Title and Tagline check box:
- At the top of the Site Identity panel, click Save & Publish:
- After WordPress saves the settings, click the X in the upper left corner of the Site Identity panel to return to the WordPress administration page.