How to Change a WordPress Account Username
This article describes how to change the username for a WordPress account.
CHANGING A WORDPRESS ACCOUNT USERNAME
After you create a WordPress login account, you may want to change the username. However, you cannot do this from the WordPress administration screen. Instead, you can use phpMyAdmin to change the username manually in the WordPress MySQL database.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Databases section of the cPanel home screen, click phpMyAdmin.
- In the left-hand pane of phpMyAdmin, click the WordPress database. A list of tables in the database appears.
- Typically, the WordPress database is username_wpXXX, where username represents your cPanel username, and XXX is a three-digit number.
4. Click the wp_users table.
5. In the user_login column, locate the username that you want to change.
6. Double-click the username, type the new username, and then press Enter.
7. Log in to WordPress using the new username. (Your password remains unchanged.)
8. Under Dashboard, click Users, and then click Your Profile.
9. Under Name, update the First Name, Last Name, Nickname, and Display name publicly as options for the account.
- You can also change the user password on this page.
10. Click Update Profile.
Was this answer helpful?
WordPress does not have a built-in caching mechanism. However, many people use a caching plugin...
This article describes how to schedule when WordPress publishes a post. Using this feature, you...
This article describes how to configure the permalink structure in WordPress. ABOUT WORDPRESS...
This article describes how to install and configure the TinyMCE Advanced editor plugin for...
As your site gains traffic and users, and as you add additional content, your site may begin to...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution