How to Change Comment Notification Settings in WordPress
This article describes how to change the WordPress e-mail notification settings for comments and comment moderation.
About Comment Notification Settings
By default, WordPress sends you an e-mail message whenever either of the following events occurs:
- Someone Posts a Comment.
- A Comment Awaits Moderation.
These notifications can be helpful, but if your WordPress site receives a lot of comments, they can also be annoying and fill up your inbox.
CHANGING COMMENT NOTIFICATION SETTINGS
To change the comment notification settings in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- In the left pane of the dashboard, click Settings, and then click Discussion.
- In the E-mail me whenever section:
- To receive an e-mail message every time someone posts a comment, select the Anyone posts a comment check box. To disable this feature, clear the check box.
- To receive an e-mail message every time a comment awaits moderation, select the A comment is held for moderation check box. To disable this feature, clear the check box.
- Click Save Changes.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install and configure the TinyMCE Advanced editor plugin for...
This article describes how to add CAPTCHA protection to a WordPress site using the Google CAPTCHA...
This article describes how to add a custom logo to a WordPress site. Adding a logo to your...
As your site gains traffic and users, and as you add additional content, your site may begin to...
WordPress has a huge number of plugins available for adding features and extending functionality....
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution