How to install the Akismet plugin for WordPress
This article describes how to install the Akismet plugin for WordPress. Akismet helps protect WordPress sites from comment and trackback spam.
Akismet is a WordPress plugin. You must install WordPress on your site before you can install Akismet.
To install Akismet, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site as the administrator.
- In the left-hand pane, click Plugins.
- Under Akismet, click Activate.
- Click Activate your Akismet account, and then click Create a new Akismet key. Follow the instructions to create a key.
- After you receive the Akismet confirmation e-mail message, go to the WordPress plugins page again.
- Under Akismet, click Settings.
- Click I already have a key.
- In the Akismet API Key text box, paste the API key that you received in the e-mail message.
- Click Save Changes.
- To configure Akismet, click Settings under Akismet.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to update a WordPress site manually. There are also other ways to...
This article describes how to install and configure the Disqus Comment System plugin for...
This article describes how to change the language in WordPress. About Wordpress Language...
This article describes how to optimize the trash settings in WordPress. ABOUT THE WORDPRESS...
This article describes how to configure a cron job for WordPress. THE VIRTUAL WORDPRESS “CRON...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution