How to install Zikula using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Zikula application framework using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have the Zikula application framework up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Zikula using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type zikula and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Portals/CMS, and then click Zikula.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
After you install Zikula, you may need to complete some additional configuration steps to access the application. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use a web browser to go to your Zikula installation at http://www.example.com/zikula. Replace example.com with your web site's domain name.
- If you receive an error message about magic quotes, you must use a custom php.ini file to disable the PHP magic quotes directive on your web site. For more information about how to do this, please see this article.
- If you receive an error message that the PDO class is not found, you must enable the pdo.so and pdo_mysql.so extensions in a custom php.ini file. Copy and paste the following text into your php.ini file:
- If you receive a warning message about the system time zone, you must specify a time zone for your web site in a custom php.ini file
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install TinyWebGallery using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install Chyrp using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Oxwall social networking platform using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install and configure RainLoop Webmail using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Pixelpost photo application using the Softaculous...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution