How to install ShopSite using Softaculous
This article describes how to install ShopSite using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have a ShopSite site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install ShopSite using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type shopsite and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, click PERL on the top menu. From the navigation pane on the left side, click E-Commerce, and then click ShopSite.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Web Directory text box, type the web-accessible directory for the blog. For example, if you type mysite, the blog will be accessible at http://example.com/mysite, where example.com represents your domain name.
- In the Data Directory text box, type the directory where you want to store application data, or accept the default value.
- In the Store ID text box, type your store ID. This is the username you use to log on to the administration page.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install the WebMail Lite webmail application using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the AEF (Advanced Electron Forum) application using the...
This article describes how to install b2evolution using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the lightweight WikkaWiki wiki engine using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Avactis e-commerce platform using the Softaculous...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution