How to install Magento using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Magento e-commerce platform using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
Using Softaculous, you can install Magento 2 as well as older versions of Magento.
You can have Magento up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Magento using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type magento and then press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click E-Commerce, and then click Magento.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose the version you want to install list box, select the version that you want to install.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job intervals, or accept the default values.
- Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically. If you are unsure of the values you should use, accept the default values.
- In the Admin Path text box, type the URL you want to use for the management interface.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the First Name text box, type the administrator's first name, or accept the default value.
- In the Last Name text box, type the administrator's last name, or accept the default value.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Fixing display problems in Magento 2
If you use Softaculous to install Magento 2, CSS and image files may not load correctly. As a result, the site only displays plain text. To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- In the directory where you installed Magento 2, navigate to the pub/static directory.
- Open the .htaccess file in your preferred text editor.
- At the top of the file, comment out the following lines as shown:
#php_flag engine 0
#php_flag engine 0
4. Save your changes to the .htaccess file.
5. Reload the Magento site in your web browser. The pages should now be properly formatted and display the correct styles.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install Nibbleblog using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Booked calendar application using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Drupal content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install Gallery using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Piwigo photo gallery using the Softaculous installer in...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution