How to install HTMLy using Softaculous
This article describes how to install HTMLy using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. HTMLy is a lightweight blogging platform that runs solely on PHP. It does not use MySQL.
You can have HTMLy up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install HTMLy using Softaculous:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type htmly and then press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Blogs, and then click HTMLy.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install WordPress using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the XOOPS content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the WebMail Lite webmail application using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Joomla content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Geeklog blogging engine and content management system...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution