How to install Ghost using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Ghost blogging platform using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have the Ghost blogging platform up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Ghost using Softaculous:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type ghost and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Blogs, and then click Ghost.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- Confirm that the In Directory text box is blank.
Note: Ghost must be installed in the document root directory (the public_html directory). You cannot install Ghost in a subdirectory. If you type a value in the In Directory text box, installation will fail.
- In the Data Directory text box, type the directory where you want to store application data, or accept the default value.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job intervals, or accept the default values.
- Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically. If you are unsure of the values you should use, accept the default values.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install the Joomla content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install MediaWiki using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the SMF (Simple Machines Forum) forum using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the FluxBB forum application using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Elgg social networking platform using the Softaculous...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution