How to install StatusNet using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the StatusNet microblogging application using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have a StatusNet site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install StatusNet using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type statusnet and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Micro Blogs, and then click StatusNet.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. By default, the site name appears in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Type of Site list box, select whether you want the site to be private, for a community, for the public, or for a single user.
- To enable fancy URLs for StatusNet, select the Enable Fancy URLs check box.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install LifeType using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Booked calendar application using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Piwigo photo gallery using the Softaculous installer in...
This article describes how to install the Joomla content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the Dolphin social networking platform using the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution