How to install Roundcube using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Roundcube webmail application using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Please note that Roundcube is also a webmail option which comes pre-installed on all Inspedium Web Hosting accounts!
All cPanel accounts include the Roundcube webmail application by default. However, it is often a few versions behind the latest version. If there is a new Roundcube feature that you need, you can use Softaculous to install a newer version and run it yourself.
To determine which Roundcube version cPanel uses on your server, log in to your account using SSH, and then type the following command:
To install Roundcube using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type roundcube and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Mails, and then click Roundcube.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- Because you must send account login information for a webmail application like Roundcube, you should only use SSL connections.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. The site name appears on the Roundcube login page.
- Under IMAP Settings, in the Server Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
- In the Connection Type list box, select SSL.
- In the IMAP Port text box, type 993.
- In the Select Language list box, select the default language for the application.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install Open Blog using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Open...
This article describes how to install ShopSite using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Osclass classified ads platform using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install Gallery using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the AEF (Advanced Electron Forum) application using the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution