How to install SquirrelMail using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the SquirrelMail webmail application using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
All cPanel accounts include the SquirrelMail webmail application by default. However, it is sometimes a few versions behind the latest version. If there is a new SquirrelMail feature that you need, you can use Softaculous to install a newer version and run it yourself.
To determine which SquirrelMail version cPanel uses on your server, log in to your account using SSH, and then type the following command:
To install SquirrelMail using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type squirrelmail and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Mails, and then click SquirrelMail.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- Because you must send account login information for a webmail application like SquirrelMail, you should only use SSL connections.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. The site name appears on the SquirrelMail login page.
- Under IMAP Settings, in the Server Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
- In the IMAP Port text box, type 993.
- Select the TLS/SSL check box.
- Under SMTP Settings, in the Server Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
- In the SMTP Port text box, type 465.
- Select the TLS/SSL check box.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install b2evolution using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the phpBB forum using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Dolphin social networking platform using the...
This article describes how to install Gallery using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install the Phorum application using the Softaculous installer in...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution