How to install DokuWiki using Softaculous
This article describes how to install DokuWiki using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have DokuWiki up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install DokuWiki using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type dokuwiki and then press ENTER.
- Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Wikis, and then click DokuWiki.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
Note: If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
Note: If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Wiki Name text box, type the name of the wiki. By default, the wiki name appears in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the ACL Policy list box, select an access control list policy for the wiki:
- The Open Wiki option allows anyone to view and modify the wiki.
- The Public Wiki option allows anyone to view the wiki, but only registered users can modify it.
- The Closed Wiki option only allows registered users to view and modify the wiki.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Note: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the Random Password icon icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Real Name text box, type the display name for the administrator.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- In the Select Language list box, select the default language for the application.
- Click the Advanced Options icon icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
- To automatically update the application when updates are available, select the Auto Upgrade check box.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install osCommerce using the Softaculous installer in cPanel....
This article describes how to install and configure RainLoop Webmail using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the PivotX blogging platform using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the XOOPS content management system using the Softaculous...
This article describes how to install the FluxBB forum application using the Softaculous...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution