This article describes how to access a webmail application from within cPanel.
WHAT ARE WEBMAIL APPLICATIONS?
Webmail applications enable you to check your e-mail accounts by using your web browser. You can compose and read e-mail messages, maintain an address book, and perform other common tasks. Offline e-mail client applications, such as Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook Express, generally provide more features than webmail applications, but also require more initial configuration.
There are two webmail applications that you can use:
Note: Webmail is an optional feature. You can also use your preferred e-mail client application, such as Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook, to access your e-mail accounts. You can even use a combination of webmail and a client application. For example, you might use webmail to check your e-mail while you are at work, and then download your e-mail to your computer using a client application when you get home.
HOW TO ACCESS WEBMAIL THROUGH CPANEL
To access an e-mail account using webmail from within cPanel, follow these steps:
- There are two ways to access webmail through cPanel:
- To access your primary domain e-mail account, click Webmail in the Mail section of the cPanel home screen.
- To access any other e-mail account, click Email Accounts in the Mail section of the cPanel home screen. Locate the e-mail account that you want to access, click more, and then click Access Webmail.
Note: Alternatively, you can use the URL http://www.example.com:2096, where example.com is your domain name, to access webmail. Then you do not have to log in to cPanel first, but can instead go straight to the webmail login page.
2. Type the username and password for the account.
3. Select the webmail application that you want to use.
- For more information about Horde, please visit http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail.
- For more information about Roundcube, please visit http://roundcube.net.
Both Horde and Roundcube are available by default with all our webhosting plans.