WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms that are available on the internet. Blogging has become very popular online as bloggers are provided with many platforms and options for them to choose from. Creating blogs has for long been an integral part of SEO, as marketers use blogs to post articles and other content related to their products or services. WordPress has been a favorite among SEO professionals and bloggers as it provides a lot of opportunity for SEO optimization. Optimizing a WordPress Blog for SEO is an easier process when compared to websites and other blogs. WordPress also provides you with a lot of flexibility while optimizing your blog for SEO. If you are interested in knowing more about WordPress, please click on the following link, http://www.WordPress.org.
In this post, we will discuss about how you can optimize your WordPress blog for SEO. Optimizing a WordPress blog for SEO involves many steps and in this post, we will be listing out the various SEO optimizations that you can do to your WordPress blog.
- Ensure that you choose the right theme to suit your content. Pick a theme that is SEO friendly to make your job easier.
- Immediately upon installing WordPress, set your URL Preference
- Optimize the URL Structure of you blog to make it search engine friendly.
- Optimize the images in your blog for SEO
- Optimize your categories by adding keywords in the category names
Meta Data Alterations
- Optimize your page titles for SEO by adding keywords in page titles
- Add keywords to the Meta Descriptions, as search engines will give some consideration to the content in Meta descriptions.
- Choose your blog title and tag line carefully. Do not spam them by stuffing irrelevant keywords in the title and tag line.
- Give a good description for your homepage within the character limit of 150 words.
Increase Internal Links
- Add internal links in your blog that will link one blog page to the other.
- Use ‘Read More’ texts and Teasers to facilitate internal linking
- Use Pagination to facilitate visitors and search engines find blog posts and sections in your blog
- Add ‘Related Posts’ Plugin to your blog
- Optimize your Sidebar to provide easy navigation for visitors
- Ensure that you optimize your Robots.txt to let search engines know which pages to avoid when indexing
- Optimize your feeds to display only the summary of feeds
- Optimize the pingback services of your WordPress blog.
- Have a static home page and display the best posts in the home page
- Add the ‘Popular Posts’ plugin for your blog
- Make your blog fast by optimizing it for speed
- Ensure that you blog has a sitemap. WordPress has many XML sitemap plugins that you can use to generate sitemap for your blog
- Enable trackbacks in your WordPress blog
Off Page WordPress Optimization
- Use social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc, to post updates to your blog. WordPress has many plugins that will facilitate sharing posts with social media platforms.
- Submit your blog to the many blog directories online
The various tips that have been provided in this post will allow you to optimize your WordPress blog for SEO. It may not be possible to incorporate all changes that have been mentioned in this post. Try to incorporate as much SEO optimization as you can to your WP blog by using the many WP plugins that are available.