How to schedule publishing a post in WordPress
This article describes how to schedule when WordPress publishes a post. Using this feature, you can set a post to be published automatically in the future.
This article assumes that you have already set up a cron job for your WordPress site.
Scheduling The Publishing Date And Time For A Post
To schedule when WordPress publishes a new post, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress.
- Under Dashboard, click Posts, and then click Add New.
- Write your post.
- Under Publish, next to Publish immediately, click Edit. Boxes with the current date and time appear.
- Select the date and time when you want WordPress to publish the article automatically, and then click OK.
- Click Schedule. The post does not appear on your site until the date and time you specified in step 5.
- More precisely, the post appears on your site the first time the cron job runs after the specified date and time. For example, if your WordPress cron job is set to run every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour, and you schedule a post to be published at 15 minutes past the hour, it will not appear on your site until 30 minutes past the hour when the cron job runs.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to install and configure the TinyMCE Advanced editor plugin for...
This article describes how to install and configure the UpdraftPlus plugin to back up a WordPress...
This article describes how to optimize the Wordfence Security plugin for a WordPress installation...
As your site traffic increases and you add additional content, your site may begin to slow down...
This article describes how to install and configure a bbPress forum on a WordPress site. With the...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution