How to schedule publishing a post in WordPress
This article describes how to schedule when WordPress publishes a post. Using this feature, you can set a post to be published automatically in the future.
This article assumes that you have already set up a cron job for your WordPress site.
Scheduling The Publishing Date And Time For A Post
To schedule when WordPress publishes a new post, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress.
- Under Dashboard, click Posts, and then click Add New.
- Write your post.
- Under Publish, next to Publish immediately, click Edit. Boxes with the current date and time appear.
- Select the date and time when you want WordPress to publish the article automatically, and then click OK.
- Click Schedule. The post does not appear on your site until the date and time you specified in step 5.
- More precisely, the post appears on your site the first time the cron job runs after the specified date and time. For example, if your WordPress cron job is set to run every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour, and you schedule a post to be published at 15 minutes past the hour, it will not appear on your site until 30 minutes past the hour when the cron job runs.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to add a custom logo to a WordPress site. Adding a logo to your...
This article describes how to change the language in WordPress. About Wordpress Language...
You can add subscribers directly to a MailChimp mailing list from WordPress. This article...
This article describes how to install the 2Checkout plugin for WordPress. The 2Checkout plugin is...
This article describes how to set up PayPal payments for a WordPress site using the WooCommerce...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution