How to Log in and Log out of cPanel
This article describes how to log in and log out of cPanel.
LOGGING IN TO CPANEL
To log in to cPanel, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, type the cPanel address for your web site. The address is either http://www.example.com:2082, where example.com is your domain name.
Alternatively, you can use one of the following addresses:
- http://cpanel.example.com or http://www.example.com/cpanel, where example.com represents your domain name.
The cPanel login page appears:
- In the Username text box, type your username which we have already emailed you.
- In the Password text box, type your password which we have already emailed you.
- Click Log in. When you enter the correct username and password, the cPanel home screen appears.
Note: If you do not know your cPanel username and password, you can ask us via email.
LOGGING OUT OF CPANEL
You should log out whenever you have finished using cPanel, because this notifies the web server that you have finished your session. If you do not log out, the server automatically closes your session after a set period of time. However, there is a small possibility that an attacker could exploit the open connection before this automatic logout occurs.
To log out of cPanel, follow these steps:
- Click the Logout icon.
Note: This icon has a different location and appearance depending upon the active cPanel theme. In most cPanel themes, the Logout icon is located in the top-right corner.
Was this answer helpful?
This article is an introduction to the cPanel home screen, which is the place to start for...
This article describes how to enable and disable PHP error messages by using the display_errors...
You can change the look and feel of the cPanel administration interface by changing its theme....
Whenever visitors to your web site experience an error, they see an error page. This article...
This article describes how to use cPanel's editors to view and edit files directly on the web...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution