How to Add CAPTCHA Protection to a WordPress Site
This article describes how to add CAPTCHA protection to a WordPress site using the Google CAPTCHA (reCAPTCHA) plugin. CAPTCHAs help protect your site from spamming by bots and other malicious actors.
ADDING CAPTCHA PROTECTION
To add CAPTCHA protection to a WordPress site using the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Plugins, and then click Add New.
- In the Search text box, type google captcha.
- Click Search Plugins.
- Locate the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin, and then click Install Now.
- After WordPress finishes installing the plugin, under Dashboard, click Plugins, and then click Installed Plugins.
- Locate the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin, and then click Activate.
- Click Settings.
- You must create a public and private key to use Google Captcha. To do this, click the registration link under Authentication, and then follow the instructions.
- After you receive your keys from Google, type the public key into the Public Key text box, and type the private key into the Private Key text box.
- Under Options, select the settings that you want, and then click Save Changes.
- CAPTCHAs are now activated for your site. To test this, go to your WordPress site's front page, and then click the comment link for a post. WordPress displays a CAPTCHA in the submission form.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to configure a cron job for WordPress. THE VIRTUAL WORDPRESS “CRON...
This article describes how to install the WooCommerce plugin for WordPress. WooCommerce enables...
This article describes how to change the auto-save interval in WordPress. About The Wordpress...
WordPress has a huge number of plugins available for adding features and extending functionality....
This article describes how to install and configure the UpdraftPlus plugin to back up a WordPress...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution