How to Access E-Mail Accounts Through Webmail
This article describes how to access an e-mail account using webmail.
WHAT IS WEBMAIL?
Webmail applications enable you to check your e-mail accounts by using your web browser. You can compose and read e-mail messages, maintain an address book, and perform other common tasks. Third-party e-mail client applications, such as Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook Express, generally provide more features than webmail applications, but also require more initial configuration.
There are two webmail applications that you can choose from:
Note: Webmail is an optional feature. You can also use your preferred e-mail client application, such as Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook, to access your e-mail accounts. You can even use a combination of webmail and a client application. For example, you might use webmail to check your e-mail while you are at work, and then download your e-mail to your computer using a client application when you get home.
HOW TO ACCESS WEBMAIL
Accessing webmail is as easy as using your web browser to visit a URL, and then entering your account name and password:
- Use your web browser to go to http://www.<your-domain-name>:2095, where example.com is your domain name.
Note: If you try to access webmail from behind a firewall that blocks port 2096, the previous URL will not work. Instead, you can use one of the following URLs:
2. The webmail login page appears:
3. In the Email Address text box, type the e-mail address for the account you want to access.
4. In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account.
5. Click Log in.
6. Select the webmail application that you want to use. You can click Enable AutoLoad and webmail will load the selected application automatically the next time you log in.
- For more information about Horde, please visit http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail.
- For more information about Roundcube, please visit http://roundcube.net.
Both Horde and Roundcube are available by default with all our webhosting plans.
Was this answer helpful?
This article describes how to add, modify, and delete FTP accounts for your web site, as well as...
This article is an introduction to the cPanel home screen, which is the place to start for...
This article describes how to use cPanel to configure a web page to redirect to a different web...
You can change the look and feel of the cPanel administration interface by changing its theme....
This article describes how to add, modify, and delete e-mail accounts in cPanel. You can define...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution